Australian Bridging Visas are available to enable applicants of a new visa remain in Australia lawfully when their pervious visa expires while waiting for the decision of their new visa application.
There are several types of bridging visa for different purposes. Bridging visa is provided to an applicant in Australia and is granted if an application is made while the applicant is in onshore and has a valid substantive visa. Most bridging does not have travelling rights to leave Australia. Once the applicant leaves the country, the bridging visa will cease. Bridging Visa B is the only type of bridging visa with travelling rights which enable the applicant to leave Australia within an approved period for an approved reason. Bridging visas are granted to every applicant of a new visa onshore including all dependents and the same bridging visa will be granted to the primary applicant and every secondary applicant of the same application.
BRIDGING VISA A – BVA (Subclass 010)
This is the most common bridging visa, most of the time sitting ‘silently’ at the back of your substantive visa application. Together with BVB also stands out as the most favourable type of bridging visa.
Australian Study and Visa Services advises you on how the visa is applied and what is means when granted.
BRIDGING VISA B – BVB (Subclass 020)
When you want to travel overseas and return to Australia the BVB shares majority of characteristics with BVA but BVB is the only bridging visa that allows you travel overseas and return. Australian Study and Visa Services will guide you in typical scenarios that may provide a BVB and will advise you on how to apply if you need to travel and what it means once granted.
This is a bridging visa that highlights problems in your visa situation in that you currently have no visa and we will advise you on how to avoid it. We will advise you how long this visa is valid for and when it is granted depending on your situation. The BVC is usually granted automatically or you can also apply on a special situation.
BRIDGING VISA D – BVD (Subclass 040 and 041)
We will advise you how the BVD is a only short term bridging visa (valid for 5 days) granted to people with no valid substantive visa (or someone whose substantive visa is about to expire in 3 working days).
We will guide you on situations where you may be eligible to make a valid application within 5 working days and the strict limits on scenario when BVD that can be granted
We will explain if the BVD is a step towards bridging visa E (BVE) in order to keep you legally in Australia.
BRIDGING VISA E – BVE (Subclass 050 and 051)
Bridging visa E is the second most popular visa after BVA. One of the reasons is that it is a visa that may be granted for certain situations namely when you have overstayed your visa and are voluntarily making arrangements to depart Australia; you have applied, or are about to apply, for a substantive visa while having no valid visa at the moment you have no valid visa have written to the Minister seeking Ministerial Intervention
We can advise if you may be granted working rights and how to prove if you are in a situation that may be deemed there is a compelling need to work due to ‘financial hardship’.