This visa allows a person whose only near relatives are living in Australia to migrate and live permanently in Australia. Near relative include your parents, your partner’s parents, step-parents, brother, sister, step-brother or step-sister, child or step-child above 18 and is not a dependent child or child or step-child below 18 but is not in your or your partner’s daily care and control.
Who is eligible:
- Your relative or his/her partner in Australia must be your only near relatives.
- An eligible near relative or his/her partner will sponsor you and all your dependents in your application
- Your sponsor must provide an Assurance of Support AoS
- Meet all the health and character requirements.
- Must be 18 years or above and
- Settled in Australia as an Australian citizen, permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen and
- Cannot have sponsored another person for Remaining Relative Visa 115 or 838, Preferential Family Visa 104 or Family Visa 806
- Must give you an Assurance of Support
What can you do with the Visa:
- Reside in Australia permanently
- Travel in and out of Australia for five years
- Eligible for Medicare (the healthcare system subsidised by the Australian government.
- Apply for citizenship when eligible