As an international student in Australia, you can apply to work full-time upon completion of your studies. This is known as a Graduate Visa (Subclass 485) for either 18 months or 24 months depending on the course that you study in Australia.
If you have a qualification which enables you to apply for a nominated occupation that is listed in the Skilled Occupation List for permanent residency pathway in Australia, you are eligible to apply for a General Skilled Migration Visa (Subclass 489, 189 or 190). This is a lengthy process which requires a positive outcome from a skill assessment by the relevant assessing authority and a submission of expression of interest (EOI) to the Department for the visa application. Upon all criteria met and achieving the visa point test, you will have to receive an invitation to apply (ITA) from the Department before a valid visa application can be made. Refer to our EOI page to learn how you can write and lodge an Expression of Interest. There are selection criteria to be met in order to satisfy the requirement for a grant of this visa class.
With this Australian Work Visa program, you will be able to work fulltime in Australia permanently. This program is meant to encourage the best talent and skilled workers to live and work in Australia to improve its economy and workforce. International students who love the way of life in Australia after studying a few years in this country will have the opportunity to live the fun yet hardworking lifestyle in Australia which this country is renowned for.
Work visas are available for skilled workers which covers employer sponsored, independent skilled, state nominated skilled and business or investment migrants. Our migration experts will be able to guide you on the various type of visa which you may be eligible to apply either for temporary or permanent stay in Australia.




This visa is the highest level of permanent skilled migration visa as it is independent and does not require any sponsorship or state nomination. You may be eligible for this visa subclass if you meet the point test. After the preliminary assessment, we can explain if the Skilled Independent (Subclass 189) visa is for you. And if you meet the ‘Points Test’, we can identify if your qualification and work experience meets any of the nominated occupation listed on the Skilled Occupations List (SOL) published by the Department of Home Affairs. The various SOL Lists provide information about the skills deemed to be currently in demand to meet Australia’s Immigration objectives.



This visa subclass is another permanent visa available to skilled workers but it requires state nomination. This means that the occupation which you are planning to apply for this visa type must be nominated or sponsored by the relevant state at the time of your application.

To make this application, our registered migration team will have to write a submission to an Australian state or Territory government agency  to apply for state sponsorship. We will explain to you how by becoming eligible to be invited to apply you may access extra Points for the Points Test and priority processing of an application and entrance.  We work with you to write a mandatory Expression of Interest (EOI) that will be a comprehensive submission as to your case, and meet the defined criteria to be eligible for receiving an invitation to apply.

If nominated we then guide you in compiling, writing and lodging your application and mentor you through all the information you will need and how to present the content effectively in order for you to meet all the mandatory criteria  for this visa.




The Skilled Regional (subclass 887) is a Permanent visa which allows for you and any additional applicants migrate and live in Australia permanently. 

We will demonstrate the special conditions on your visa  to be complied and work with you to take the final next step to a life in Australia. The final step is as important as the first and we will guide you carefully through the criteria and requirements.

To apply you must:

  • hold a subclass 489, 495, 496, 475 or 487, or a Bridging visa A or B after applying for a subclass 489, 495 or 487 visa
  • have lived in a specified regional area of Australia for at least two years
  • have worked full time in a specified regional area for at least one year



The Skilled Regional (Provisional) 489 visa is a temporary four year residence visa for skilled workers who do not meet the requirements for a Skilled Independent or Skilled Nominated visa. This visa aims to bring the main applicant and his family to work and live in designated regional areas of Australia.

If you have met all the eligibility criteria for you may be able to apply the permanent Skilled Regional visa.

If granted this visas, the applicant is issued with the four year provisional visa. This visa may lead to permanent residency provided that the eligibility criteria for the permanent visa is met.



At Australian Study and Visa Services we can assess if you may be eligible for this visa and guide you through the process if you have been nominated by a business in Australia.

The Employer Nomination Scheme (Permanent work visa) has three available streams for applicants:

  • Temporary Residence Transition stream – is for Temporary Work (subclass 457) visa holders who have worked in their nominated occupation for two years with an employer who now wants to offer them a permanent role with them.
  • Direct Entry stream –  is for applicants who have been nominated by the employer, applicants who have not worked in Australia, or if you have only worked in Australia for a short period of time and temporary residents who do not meet the criteria of the Temporary Residence Transition stream.
  • Agreement stream – is for those applicants who are sponsored by an employer under an Australian Labour Agreement. 


Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (RSMS)  (SUBCLASS 187)

We can explain how you may be able to apply for this permanent residency visa if you would like to live and work in an area specified as Regional Australia. Australian Study and Visa Services can advise you on the designated areas currently classified under this scheme and assess if you are eligible to apply.



This is a visa meant for businesses to sponsor foreign employees to fill essential and urgent roles in Australian companies where the local skilled labour is unavailable. We will demonstrate to you the steps to be taken to show your eligibility as a sponsor and as an employee.

We show you what you must do to qualify for this visa if you have been sponsored by an eligible employer in Australia, and have the relevant skills to fulfill a skilled role in the approved business.

As a business you will be guided in the process you must and what you must prove for sponsoring important employees from abroad and how to be approved by the Department of Immigration & Border Protection, which is first prerequisite in order to do so.

We will show you how to demonstrate the right way that will be viewed by the Department as adequate effort to hire local workers made by the business before resorting to a worker on a 457 visa.

We explain how you may be granted this visa which enables you and members of you family unit to work, study and live in Australia for the validity of the visa.

IMPORTANT PLEASE NOTE  – The Temporary Work (Skilled) visa (subclass 457 visa) will be abolished and replaced with the completely new Temporary Skill Shortage (TSS) visa in March 2018.

The TSS visa programme will be comprised of a Short-Term stream of up to two years and a Medium-Term stream of up to four years and will support businesses in addressing genuine skill shortages in their workforce and will contain a number of safeguards which prioritise Australian workers.



This visa may be the most appropriate visa if you or an employer who wishes you to travel to Australia to fulfill duties that are short-term, highly specialised, or non-ongoing work.

  • In limited circumstances, your case may also be for you to participate in an activity or work deemed to be relating to Australia’s National Interests.

The Subclass 400 generally provides for you to stay for a period of up to three months but may be granted for up to six months in limited circumstances where a strong business case is made.



This visa is for international students who have recently graduated from an Australian educational institution and wish to continue gaining Australian work experience by working full time.

We will help you understand how the Subclass 485 Graduate visa may be granted for a period of between 18 months to 2 years depending on your circumstances and our team will advise you on the appropriate stream under which you may be eligible to apply.

Australian Study and Visa Services can help you to engage on a beneficial Professional Year Program to equip you further in your profession and earn extra 5 points towards your permanent resident visa application upon graduation. 

Eligible international students can only apply for this visa once as a primary applicant.




The dream of many, a must tick box for a few and the adventure of a lifetime for others. This visa may provide you with a life changing experience of visiting, travelling, backpacking and  for people who meet certain age and background requirements, being able to subsidize your visit by working in Australia. Only certain nationalities are eligible to apply for this visa subclass and you cannot include any dependents in this visa application.

Meeting new people and creating memories that will last forever once you get home, are just some of the rewarding experiences you may enjoy.

We can explain if you are of a country that may apply and help you demonstrate the requirements for the Subclass 417 visa which is valid for 12 months.

You may ask Australian Study and Visa Services how can extend my working holiday visa?

We can show you the way that might make it possible to enable you to apply for a second working holiday visa.

We show you how to demonstrate you have met the conditions so you have the best chance to  be eligible for the second 12 month Working Holiday visa and continue to enjoy the experience and time in Australia that you have chosen.

We show you how you can leave and re-enter Australia and how you may be allowed to work for short periods of time without breaching your visa conditions where you wish to supplement your funds as you travel through Australia.

We explain how long you may work with any one employer and how you can study certain courses in Australia for specific periods.