This is a new visa created for international students who have graduated from an Australian educational institution to gain some Australian work experience by working full time in this country.
You may also register to study a Professional Year Program to equip you further in your profession, enhance future employment opportunities and gain an extra 5 points towards your skilled migration visa in future. Professional Year pathway is only eligible for international students who have graduated from courses related to Accounting, Information Technology or Engineering. Talk to us today and we can explain how the job placement offered in the Professional Year program can help you gain a further 5 points if you gain relevant work experience after the study in the college.
The Subclass 485 Graduate visa may be granted for a period of between 18 months to 2 years depending on your circumstances and the stream under which you may to apply.
Students are only able to apply for a Graduate visa (Subclass 485) once as a primary applicant.
The Graduate visa has two streams:
- Graduate Work stream (Diploma or Certificate level with nominated occupation in the SOL)
- Post-Study Work stream (Degree or Master degree level)
Australian Study and Visa Services Services can assess you situation and current migration status to guide you in deciding if you can apply for this visa. We will explain how your current study affects whether you can apply.
We will explain and guide you in obtaining the required Provisional Skills Assessment and from which relevant professional assessment authority. We help you compile the evidence and present to achieve a successful outcome.
You must be in Australia at the time of the application and when your visa is decided.
We will explain how you must:
- be under 45 years of age
- which eligible visa you must hold
- have a recent qualification in a CRICOS-registered course
- meet additional requirements of the relevant stream and explain which one is most appropriate for you
- the time-frame when the application must be made
- relevant health and character tests
The qualification must either:
- relate to an occupation on the skilled occupation list (Graduate Work stream)
- be a higher education degree (Post-Study Work stream)
We will mentor you through meeting the requirements for this visa which include:
- you must have included in your application evidence that you have met the English language requirement
- you must meet the Australian study requirement in the last six months
- you must meet health and character requirements.
- you must have health insurance in Australia
- you must meet the specific requirements of the stream in which you are applying for this visa.